MAP 2.94% 17.5¢ microba life sciences limited

Ann: NWR Virtual Healthcare Conference Presentation, page-3

1. 4,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2633
    I sort of have heard pretty much all of that in previous presentations. Luke Reid tends to huff and puff a bit eg "the best technology in the world" without who the competition is and on what metrics do Microba win out on. And I think they overplay Ian Frazer's presence eg I suspect he wears a business suit not a lab coat when on Microba's business. Also I thought he was the co-inventor of that vaccine.

Anyway not much Luke can do as almost all medtechs have to pass through at least one valley of death where significant news flow becomes almost impossible to find. I suggest Microba might want to help sell their story by case stories. I think Lefevre said he/she/they/it had used a Microba test, so the why and the outcome might box up well. In IT they use the term "use cases" to demonstrate how a technology can be applied. Luke talked about the new product in fairly general terms and it would have good if he also gave a specific example of how it could be used.

My take-aways:

Regarding the testing business - it seems they have quietly moved back the ramp up of sales from H2FY23 to H1FY24. No major drama but it would seem they are not shooting the lights out, just yet anyway.

Regarding the therapeutics business - confirmation that phase 1 of the irritable bowel product will kick off before the end of June. The little exposure I have had to medtechs suggests that almost universally it is nailing phase 3 of the clinical tests that attracts the big boppers but I think either the company or Lefevre has said that a successful phase 1 could be the money ball for Microba. That'd be good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $76.13M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.5¢ 17.0¢ $1.92K 11.20K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 90212 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 39670 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.17pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.