AMI 0.00% 17.0¢ aurelia metals limited

The announcement talks about some talc adjacent to one of the...

1. 5,017 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4024
    The announcement talks about some talc adjacent to one of the lenses but I would like to know what was the problems with previous attempts at mining, the recent AMI release talks about inappropriate mining techniques, ingress of water (which is just describes every early 20th Century mining operation) and lack of investment, and I might suspect that the Phyrrotite content might have been a problem, but without knowing where this ore ended up, and which plant attempted to recover it, and whether they were attempting separate Cu and Zn concentrates its difficult to assess if there were any metallurgical show stoppers or not, and if they are even relevant now or not. As the company says - Pyrrhotite is a problem that can be overcome by magnetic separation.

Very vertical high-grade Cobar style deposits, although having multiple ore lenses is a very nice thing to have, obviously metal prices have varied a lot and there must be some timing things and some company-specific things about why this has been ignored in the past. The proximity to the nearby Hera processing plant is very obviously a bonus rather than it being a stranded deposit without a processing option nearby.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.