OCC 1.27% 39.0¢ orthocell limited

Ann: OCC Signs Striate Global License And Manufacturing Agreement, page-212

1. 7,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6773

@JonesingPanda
    it was just a quick example purely for illustrative purposes. My figures for the market, whilst conservative, are actually very reliable (and can be cross referenced to individual countries (the last UK NHS data I can get for implants was for 2012 at 130K, but is probably more near 200K now COVID settled). If you look at both OCC"s manufacturing capacity raise and BioHorizon's business and the implant figures, 100-120,000 seems a very reasonable estimate for a medium-term annual unit sales analysis for dental.

As for pricing we know the present 15 x 20mm retails to end users as $136 USD. But that includes a very healthy B2C markup, distributior costs, retail fees, etc. I'd love to hear some insight from others with far more experience than I in bio-tech manufacturing - but fear we have no such contributors to these forums. I am estimating at scale around $25-$40 unit costs looking at other products in this novel sphere - this is rather cutting edge, so very difficult to accurately guage, but there are plenty of companies out there (rudely) making 80%+ on gross margins B2C on comparable tissue regeneration products.

They could be knocking these out at as cheaply as $20 a piece and selling them at $80 a piece to BH, for a nice 120,000 x $60 annual gross profit, but I didn't want to be accused of ramping (as I have been in the past) so went conservative. I think its fair to assume BH will sell them for similar end retail price as OCC is at present and need to have a nice mark up their end, so certainly that is a top end estimate.

Again as I said in my previous post, please anyone feel free to improve on my rudimentary analysis - 3D printing is another whole bag of worms on manufacturing and could lower costs signficantly (there are inroads being made there).
    Last edited by bedger: 30/06/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $81.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 40.0¢ 38.5¢ $110.6K 280.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 22419 38.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 37015 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.