OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

That ABSCBN news article link posted 12/8 is obviously very...

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 554
    That ABSCBN news article link posted 12/8 is obviously very biased. The claims made in that piece are ridiculous unless OceanaGold have been lying about the extent to which they have gone regarding mitigation of environmental risks and the positive impact the mine has had on the local community. The media company is very orientated to supporting environmental issues in relation to mining. Oceana's approach to environmental issues has been beyond reproach. I have sought a response from the media relations person to find out why they have not put out a counter statement denying the claims. They should have issued a rebuttal long ago. If the behaviour had been as bad as portrayed in that article they would have been shut down during the mining co blitz 2/3 years ago.

In the results webinar three weeks ago roughly, Wilkes states right at the end in response to a question that Oceana has good Fed relations - is working and negotiating behind the scenes and doing all it can to break the impasse. He also stated in a positive tone without any prompting that he is confident of a successful outcome regarding the lic renewal. Listen for yourself on the co website.

There is no way they could put up slides at the D & D conf for Didipio whilst it basically has no lic to operate. They would have been accused of misleading conduct. they would have been on the back foot trying to explain the situation rather than promoting the good news story at the mines elsewhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.