OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

re: Ann: OceanaGold Announces Third Quarter 2... Trying to keep...

1. 13,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3953
    re: Ann: OceanaGold Announces Third Quarter 2... Trying to keep it brief; both appear very good value to me but there are some obvious differences;
    OGC has debt while MML does not (after its cr), however OGC has now demonstrated their very strong earnings capability while MML now has to prove itself after multiple qtrs of disappointments (I expect they will but the sp will likely continue to reflect some risk that they might not). MML is pure gold exposure while a significant part of OGC's revenue comes from copper- hence their strongly negative cash costs for their Philippines operations. OGC maintains strong leverage to higher POG through NZ operations which will boost earnings strongly when POG recovers but has the safety of strongly negative cash costs at its now largest earnings contributor in the Philippines. For now I prefer OGC after their qtrly but will trade some MML as well as it is my no 2 pick at this stage amongst established producers. OGC appears to be currently undergoing a strong re-rating by the market since the qtrly with strong upside momentum which is great while it lasts. I like both- as long as MML proves itself soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.