OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Like many of the groups world wide that decide to appeal to the...

1. 8,074 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Like many of the groups world wide that decide to appeal to the Facebook "court" they tend to flood a torrent of comments as if to suggest that there is a whole army of opposition to something they oppose. The critical thing is what happens with OGC's appeal to a court in the Philippines over the illegal ban by the State Governor. The other critical thing is getting the file of information for the FTAA off the office floor and onto the desk of the President for his approval. The fact that both government agencies that have a say in these things support OGC's application for renewal should provide some hope of a positive outcome. Secondly the fact that the order for the 100 strong police unit that was sent to clear the path of the protesters so that the tanker loads of diesel could be supplied came from the President's office indicates a level of official approval so far. The protesters got swept aside and the local governor did not intervene.
    If OGC does not secure approval for the mine continuing then you might as well say that would end all mining in the Philippines. I don't think the Government can afford that. Even if that did happen to OGC then (a.) it is already not counted in projections of income and (b.) OGC would be due some compensation I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.