OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Pretty scary stuff. 1. Haile not performing due to COVID etc -...

1. 11,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 630
    Pretty scary stuff.

1. Haile not performing due to COVID etc - AISC last quarter USD1781/0unce versus sale price of USD1722 so basically making a loss, in part due to hedging at lower than spot prices I suppose. Operations made a loss, even after accounting for large write down (there will be more writedowns I suspect).

2. Waihi will continue to eat up money for capex;

3. Costs pretty high at Macraes but at least its profitable;

4. Some savings by sacking people at Dipidio is a positive for shareholders (but not workers) due to mine closure;

5. Real net debt of USD187m understated in this news release by the market value of the remaining 76k ounces of gold prepay - recorded as "unearned revenue" of USD135.6m footnote 12 of the accounts - so real net debt was USD322.8m at end September, but no interest is payable on the gold prepay.

6. Fortunately they had the sense to raise cash of net USD122.4m via a CR post September so now net debt is probably around USD200m.

I think they will continue to struggle for the rest of this year given COVID issues, and Haile is unlikely to meet its lower target IMO given past performance.

GLA.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.