ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 461
    Fair enough @boysy1 so add another $1m to perforate complete and connect O-3 and MEL needs $4m.

I can't see that amount coming in the form of fresh equity and I think if Glennon would have aready considered increasing their facilility. MEL needs a new lender. Any new lender coming into MEL would rank alongside Glennon so the real question for them is how secure their capital is if MEL fails.
    - On a reserves/resources basis MEL claims to be well undervalued at $0.19/GJ compared to market $1/GJ (are there comparable sales to back this up?)
    - Cashflow from O-2/3 is unknown but a reasonable result would provide enough cashflow to cover the loan

So the first question is whether MEL, with Odin-3 connected, would be worth $6m in a forced sale? Clearly this is risky lending and the pricing would need to reflect that. Maybe in convertible note territory with a 15% interest rate?

Fresh debt is far from certain. I do think though it is possible and remains MEL's best way forward as an independent company.

Do you see any alternatives apart from falling into administration? Could VEN make a script offer or would Newhope mop VEN and MEL up? I think we are all white knuckling right now and I am open to suggestions!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.830M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2105211 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3778476 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.