WGX 4.21% $2.72 westgold resources limited.

Hi Spec,Good post with decent counter arguments. For clarity I...

1. 3,535 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1472
    Hi Spec,

Good post with decent counter arguments. For clarity I am not a current holder of MGV or WGX but a previous holder of both … traded MGV for a profit as I didnt see much short term upside given the widely consensus view of managements lethargy and the stand-alone operation risk. Sold WGX around $1.50 as I considered the momentum technically was too great after the lows, fundamentally I do think it is ‘potentially’ underpriced … why potentially, well, as I have alluded to many times WGX planning is akin to a schizophrenic ward imo.

Whilst the newsflow of the next ‘big thing’ may excite the retail holder with countless announcements it would be worrying to institutional investors wanting some clarity of a longer term plan imo. I am also sure they are cognisant that WGX haven’t made a culmulative profit since at least 2016 … both these certainly discount the sp imo.

If I was a small MGV holder I would of sold on market for 30c and just bought WGX stock forgoing any potential improvement in offer … we can probably both agree WGX shouldn’t/ won’t offer any/much more and MGV are rather stranded between a rock and a hard place. As for larger MGV holders they really have little choice to accept the offer, sit it out or stump up further investment for a stand-alone prospect and the risk entailed. I don’t envisage any counter offers … and agree I don’t see EVN being the saviour.

Whilst the improvements in gold sales for WGX will be advantageous it comes at a large cost to current shareholders with WGX / them taking on the ‘fully priced’ upfront risk … to answer your question who WGX should buy, I don’t think they should buy anyone but incrementally develop what they already own in smaller capital intensive / less risk steps … after all it is WB who has championed several projects as the next “great go-to” prior to the MGV idealology.

Whilst I do consider WB has shown good business acumen in some areas just not sure how the Board can maintain credibility changing direction what seems like ever other month.

Nonetheless, like others, I enjoy the dynamics of takeovers and this is just beginning so should provide some constant newsflow and corporate entertainment. Good luck as a holder.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.72
Change
0.110(4.21%)
Mkt cap ! $1.289B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.61 $2.73 $2.61 $10.33M 3.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3261 $2.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.73 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.