MNB 6.52% 4.3¢ minbos resources limited

Hi Red Baron,Regarding your post about possibly renaming the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 14,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4132
    Hi Red Baron,

Regarding your post about possibly renaming the project a green hydrogen project to attract more investors and your comment;
    "End of the day it's how much money you make or plan to make that the market prices in, however a bit of advertising along the way to get noticed by the market doesn't hurt."

After seeing the LKE price today, I realised that I'm quite happy with how MNB is going. I agree with the first part of your statement above but I think the following charts might sum up the advantages and disadvantages of advertising or hyping a stock versus just delivering results over time. The advertising might attract more traders than long term holders although company presentations to instos would be much more useful.
    MNB is the bottom chart below. While the project hasn't been delivered yet, the company has made significant progress. Earthworks have now commenced and the binding offtake has been signed. There is just the debt and construction to complete now and if the debt is on time for Aug/Sep, then we should see first production in six months. However despite the progress, the sp has effectively gone nowhere in two years. While delays contributed to that, that doesn't fully explain the sp going nowhere because we have now started earthworks and signed the binding offtake for the phosphate, as well as delivered a very positive tech study for the green ammonia. So we would normally expect a higher sp on delivering those milestones. The weak small cap sector probably also has played a big part in keeping the sp flat until now. Still, over the last two years, because MNB was not hyped and because it has delivered significant milestones, the sp has held up much better than the lithium explorers and early stage developers that were hyped (see three of those below in the charts). In fact MNB has also outperformed the MSCI World Micro Cap Index over the last two years (top chart below) and strongly outperformed it over three years.
    Back to the advertising subject, have a look at some of the lithium stocks that were hyped quite a bit over recent years. They had some huge runs on that hype. VUL went from around 50c to just under $17 in three years. LKE went from 10c to around $2.70 in just 1.5 years. That was great if you were a trader or a long term investor that got in early enough but a disaster for any long term buyers that bought into the hype.
    As a long term investor, slow and steady is probably much easier to stomach and the rewards can still be very large as the projects progress to completion and then grow.

MSCI World Micro Cap Index - 2 years. Down more than 10%.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5453/5453289-b7e5eacf31f714deef1a799e06abbf13.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5453/5453202-8117453806a80322e00e3818ec8ee872.jpg

Depending on your entry, MNB looks effectively flat for the two years although technically it is up 30% in two years from 9.5c to 12.5c.
    It is up by a much stronger 3- 6 fold increase over a period closer to 3 years depending on your entry point.
    So the company is rewarding long term shareholders and I strongly expect big out-performance going forward as well. I think the flatter two year performance is close to running its course ahead of funding and another re-rate higher on final funding getting secured some time in the next 1-9 weeks if it's finalised on time.

MNB - 3 years. Making progress slowly but that progress is adding considerable value to the company and the sp is starting to reflect that. Despite the gains, advertising or not, there should be plenty more upside ahead based on the financial fundamentals as final milestones are reached - debt and completion of construction. $100mill mc versus A$300mill NPV on a project due to be delivered in around 6 months and plenty more upside on top of that from the green ammonia and maybe later also from the yellow phosphorous.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5453/5453318-fa8489ae2007c37a6c45eac0baf5a7ec.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.