OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

The Philippines central bank has joined Russia and China, and...

1. 5,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3798
    The Philippines central bank has joined Russia and China, and gone on a gold buying spree, probably at the behest of China since they have buddied up.

(Quote from - Why are Central Banks Buying Gold, Share Cafe, 6 July 2019)
    " ... the Philippines’ central bank announcing plans to buy up to 30 tonnes of bullion a year ... ".

They want your gold, and for nothing if they can get it, or steal it, or threaten you for it, and they want to keep it all in country for themselves, and not export it.

Rather than encouraging gold companies to produce more and sell it to them, as usual, they would rather pass laws and just steal it, or either usurp your mine and run it themselves or via a Chinese company.

If you won't play ball, they'll just shut you down. This is when they bring out the government paid protestors. And the locals are too frightened to stand up for their rights, or their jobs, because of the military.

Two years ago, they shut down over 120 mines, stating safety concerns as the excuse, but almost none of them have come back online. And if you read back over the research, at one stage, the president ordered the head of their military to actually bomb from the air, mines that refused to comply with the shut down order. They don't mess around. They mean business.

So you can see how these mafia thugs operate in government, and it's only getting worse since China became their best buddy, giving them billions of dollars in aid, in return for not opposing Chinese expansion in the South China Sea, where the Chinese have built islands, established new military bases, and claim all the oil and gas reserves as their own. And it won't be of any use going to the international courts.

It's a great pity for OGC and RED, and others will follow. I wouldn't like to be in MML either, because they may be next. RED's Philippines mine has now been on care and maintenance for over 3 years.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.