OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Ann: OGC Applies For Injunction To Ensure Continued Operation, page-2

1. 8,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 897
    4July2019COMPANY FILES APPLICATION FOR INJUNCTION TO ENSURE CONTINUED OPERATIONSAT DIDIPIO(MELBOURNE) OceanaGold Corporation (TSX: OGC) (ASX: OGC) (the Company) informs it has filed for an injunction against any unauthorised restraint of its operations, with a hearing date set for Wednesday 10 July. This injunction is sought in response to an order from the Governor of Nueva Vizcaya directing local government units to ‘restrain any operations’ of the Company.Subsequentto the Governor’s order, alocal government unit prevented a large supply truckfrom accessing the mine siteon Monday 1 July. Operations continue at the mine, but the Company proactively halted truck movements,including copper concentrate,to prevent the potential for escalation.Thishas not impacted supply of copper concentrate for shipment. Light vehicles, people and food supplies continue to access the site.As reported on 27 June 2019, the Company lodged its application for renewal of the Financial or Technical Assistance Agreement (FTAA) with the Philippine Government in March 2018 and received confirmation on 20 June 2019 from its regulatory authority, the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB), that the Didipio Mine is permitted to continue operations pending the confirmation of the FTAA renewal.Authority over the Didipio operation rests with the National Government. The Local Government Code of 1991 (Republic Act No. 7160) does not grant the power or authority to the Provincial Governor or any local government officer to restrain any aspect of the Didipio operation.The Company has attempted engagement with the Provincial Government to resolve their current position. Unfortunately, the Company has had to file for an injunction to ensure local government units recognise the legitimacy of Didipio’s continued right to operate and the national government’s legal authority over the operation. The Didipio Mine has deliveredsignificant socio-economic benefits to the Barangay of Didipio, neighbouring communities, the provinces of Nueva Vizcaya and Quirino and the Philippines. It directly employs over 1,500 workers of which 97% are Philippine nationals and 59% are from local communities. It providesseveral thousands of additional livelihood opportunities / indirect jobs through partnerships with cooperatives and social development organisations.The Companyhas operated to the highest of standards environmentally and socially for the past 30 years. It has delivered significant value to shareholders and stakeholders and considers itself as a genuine

2partner with governments in promoting and advancing a responsible mining sector. The Company acts with good will in any jurisdiction it operates. OceanaGold will continue to work in partnership withitsregulatory authoritiesin accordance with the lawand will always comply with its responsibilities under its contract with the Republic of the Philippines.We remain committed to pursuing genuine and effective engagement with all our stakeholders. -ENDS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.