OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Ann: OGC Provides Corporate Update In Relation to COVID-19, page-8

1. 8,074 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Yes a good read jman0076 though as you suggest ....."but not exactly impartial."
    It is difficult to get a clear perspective on where things are at in this whole process and who has more weight or clout in getting things done and providing approval. After all OGC has the endorsement of both the DENR and the MGB for its application for the renewal of the FTAA. There is also official support from MGB for the recent attempts to get tanker loads of diesel into the Didipio mine operation.

OGC also indicates that the local Governor has no jurisdiction over the mine and has no authority to do what he has done. But then there seem to be two stories about whether the application for the FTAA renewal is really with the office of the President or not. OGC claims that it is and is dealing with officials. Then we get counter claims such as in this article that that is not exactly the case.

There is also the clear indication that the 1500 employees (97% locals) want to get back to work and enjoy the benefits of employment for themselves and their families and the rest of the community that benefits from the financial input into the area that flows from the operation.

The position of Duterte in all this is another fly in the ointment. He is known to not be all that in favour of foreign companies nor mining in some circumstances. So just another complication. Covid-19 is a further opportunity for the protesters to latch onto to claim they are protecting their local area.
    Will we have to wait till June for a final decision ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.