ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    tx for the explanations. as a prospective investor but no expert in the drilling business it's of course always very hard to filter through the HC posts to get an objective detailed understanding of where we are at .
    That being said, I followed the Tangiers thread quite closely, never actually invested (phew!) and have been following CVN very closely since their announcement.

It is interesting that in the case of Tangiers Petroleum, they put out a trading halt without news until announcing drill results 4 days later and my feeling before knowing the results (which you will see from my post at the time) was that they did so because it was a duster i.e. management do not want the share price rising on a speculative binary play when they already know it is a duster.

On the other hand, when Apache hit the light oil with Carnarvon recently, they could not wait to run to the market and announce that they have possibly found a new oil province off WA. A short trading halt to give folks time to read and digest was made and a few hours later trading resumed, without any of the detailed analysis that is referred to above having been done by Apache on the drill results. This is what moved the CVN share price in a big way...i.e. reliance on the how Apache reacted to the discovery and nothing much else.

Therefore, this is my lay mans reading between the lines common sense - I would say this announcement preps the holders to get ready to move on to drilling of the next well and not to expect much better results from the FAN well, because on their own version they have almost completed the well and their Figure 3 shows penetration of the main pockets, and all they have to report is some oil shows in thin sands.
    But very happy to be convinced otherwise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 52.0¢ 48.5¢ $101.9K 200.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 48741 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 1786 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.