OKN 0.00% $1.90 oakton limited

Ann: OKN FY2013 Results Investor Update , page-6

1. 9,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1119
    Hi abuzade.

Well the price is holding up beyond the record date so your earlier comment is borne out.

I just read an AAP article which suggests a possible reason. See below but the gist is it looks like the Coalition, who will almost certainly win the Fed election, will be investing heavily in expanded IT delivery of services. I would think OKN would be a significant beneficiary being a respected supplier to government already and evolving product along the lines Turnbull seems to be discussing in this article.

Reduced government spending post GFC has been a hampering brake on OKN's earning levels despite their very solid total fiscal position. If my intimation is correct then OKN should rediscover it's full mojo within the next 12 months and be heading back to historical highs.

Turnbull reveals digital strategy
    11 hours ago1
    PoliticsElectionTechnologyTelecommunication
    Bookmark
    AAP

All major federal government services will be available online from 2017 if the coalition wins government.

Opposition communications spokesman Malcolm Turnbull said 2017 was a "realistic and achievable" date for the internet, or video-conferencing, to become the standard way of accessing key services.

The plan announced on Monday would also enable individuals and companies to set up a unique digital inbox for all communication from government agencies.

Mr Turnbull said Australia's global ranking in terms of government use of information technology had slipped from ninth in 2004 to 18th in 2012.

"In spite of Labor's rhetoric about the national broadband network, the reality is that Labor's policies are rapidly turning Australia into a digital also-ran," Mr Turnbull said.

"Only a coalition government will encourage a sophisticated digital economy built on knowledge and productivity."

Mr Turnbull said a coalition government would also take a lead role in setting standards for online identity verification and payment using mobile technologies.

"The role of government would not be to pick winners or lay down inflexible rules, but to encourage coordination and break impasses between conflicting interests," Mr Turnbull said.

The plan builds on the coalition's announcement in April to deliver its own cheaper version of the national broadband network.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OKN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.