SHV 3.09% $4.34 select harvests limited

Interesting decision by Olam to build a $55M procesing plant to...

1. 551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286
    Interesting decision by Olam to build a $55M procesing plant to replace a $35M plant completed 3 years ago. I guess this leaves 2 years for Select to find alternative sources of almonds.

There was a timely piece on Inside Business this weekend with an olive producer that has gone through a large contract loss during the MIS collapse. It actually purchased the same orchards it was managing.

"ROB MCGAVIN, CO-FOUNDER, BOUNDARY BEND: If you had have said to me three years ago, "what's the worst thing that can happen to Boundary Bend?," I would have said Timbercorp going broke, and if you said to me now, "what's the best thing that could happen to Boundary Bend," I would have said Timbercorp going broke."

Select will remain profitable. Their business model has changed but they've seen it coming and prepared for it. They have 2 years of excellent cash flow to further the organic growth (more profitable) strategy and from that point on it is a growth story. The key driver is almond prices. One poor year in California where 85% of the worlds almonds are produced and we will see our rewards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.