AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Ann: Olaroz expansion study results, page-60

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Yes niu...agreed if the expansion and financing is done in a prudent manner without diluting current investors and early money. The problem here is not so much the need for financing ...but the mismanagement and bad decisions in the construction phase that have created the need for 'more money'. Maybe someone should have been watching the store a little more closely back in 2012...2013 when construction was getting outsized and more expensive than had been initially formulated. What it tells me is that Orocobre is lacking in expertise in planning and finance management. Had they completed the plant based on the numbers that had people investing in the company a few years ago, they wouldn't need apologists like you in 2017. Let's be very clear.....this BS construction nightmare is not over by a long shot. There will be no Phase 2 without additional dilution...which by your standards is ok as long as the future rewards bad decisions by increasing the price of lithium. You and I wouldn't be having this conversation if lithium prices were still $5500 a ton which this project was supposed to be profitable at.....remember. $2500 per ton production costs.....$5500 per ton sales. Had this HUGE worldwide increase in lithium prices not come to Orocobre's rescue they would be in receivership.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.