AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I think he is not tracking ORE as closely as we might be. There...

1. niu
    1,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 578
    I think he is not tracking ORE as closely as we might be. There is no news on production rate since Feb 9, so he is a little late in tweeting that news.

As for quality, back in the July 28 quarterly ORE reported that they achieved 99.98 and 99.99% Li2Co3 in May and June. Lithium assay is not the whole quality story (trace contaminants and mesh size matter as well) but it is a pretty big part of it. Those assays compare well with what some would call battery grade.

More recently I think he may have missed the statements in respect of supply starting to five battery market customers. Bear in mind that samples were distributed for qualification to a much wider pool of battery market customers - they reported samples going to 19 battery market customers in the July 28 quarterly report last year and had previously talked in terms of approval processes taking around 6 months. Six months later, at least five have been happy with it and ready to go. Some will be happy with it and will have been waiting for reliable supply before committing a portion of their supply to ORE (with the attendant risk of turning off a portion of their existing supply). Still others will have tested it and found that it doesn't measure up to their requirements - it's not a one-size fits all market and "battery grade" means different things to different people. Some may just be too risk averse to risk any upset to their process. In his travels he may well have met some from these latter groups and jumped to a conclusion.

I'm not going to get overly worried by scuttlebutt - all product is sold for months ahead...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.