BRK 18.2% 1.3¢ brookside energy limited

A temporary further decrease in oil price, even blow $60 usd per...

1. 815 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 292
    A temporary further decrease in oil price, even blow $60 usd per barrel would be more inconvenient then then anything else in my opinion.
    With no debt, healthy bank, very low overhead, most wells have already paid for themselves and the rest (except for Juanita probably) not far off puts us in a very good position.
    Thing is we do have the option to not drill if oil dips and we still make both revenue and profit from our existing wells. Most of our expenses come from well capex, so without that costs are very low by oil production companies standards.
    Now correct me if I'm wrong about any of this guys.
    The main thing is how important having that high oil price is when you start a new well and get that flush oil production period, even the difference from $60usd vs $70usd makes such a massive difference for the pay back and overall economics of the well during the first 6-12 months.
    If we say purely for example developed the whole swish field 20 wells by ourselves during current oil prices and we look 1 year ahead. By this point all but maybe the lowest performing wells will have paid back their capex. At this point you now have a mature field, the costs going forward per boe go down significantly, someone like @danpech could probably speak to the exact numbers better.
    However what this means is while a lot of oil projects require a much higher oil price to either move forward or just to operate in general this low cost mature field might only cost $30-$45 per boe produced.
    Don't quote my exact numbers the general idea is sound.
    So while we don't have a whole
    mature field yet the wells we do have will pretty much be an indefinite source of reliable albeit modest profit even in a low oil environment barring another Covid mass oil crash again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.002(18.2%)
Mkt cap ! $61.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $277.9K 23.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1159000 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 26151066 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.