CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. DSD
    15,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    "shocking dreadful (but not unexpected) result. Under the watch of CEO O'Malley this company has made decisions that have directly cost BSL 2.5-3 Billion and indirectly 5-6 Billion. EPS last year(FY08) was 90c/share. Now loss of 7c/share. It will be 10+ years B4 BSL gets back to the EPS of 2008."

Dug this out for old times sake. I wrote the above post in August 2009 in response to final report for FY09 by BSL. Since then the FY10 interim has been released and: BSL still making a loss, still not paying a dividend, and CEO yet to define a strategic and comprehensive recovery plan. What has changed since august is SP dropped by 20%. I remember being vehement re O'Malley's disastrous management of BSL and stand by my observations. For BSL to get back to 90c EPS the company effectively must earn around $1.50/share in the old money, as share # has almost doubled since FY08. Hence, "It will be 10+ years B4 BSL gets back to the EPS(90c) of 2008."

PS. Unfortunately, retail holders have taken a hammering these past 2 years. However, investment banks involved with BSL's capital raising(s) have made a motsa and creamed off 10-20million for a few day's work phoning around to find buyers.

PPS. Newcomers paying current $2.50 may do well. At least the huge discounted capital raisings have reduced the heavy debt previously held by BSL and 2Q10 did see earnings squeeze into positive territory. .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.