SLX 2.13% $5.05 silex systems limited

Ann: Operational Update - 23 August 2023, page-9

1. zog
    2,946 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 891
    From the Operational update (on ZS Si)

"On 17 August 2023, Silex announced, in collaboration with Silicon QuantumComputing (SQC) and UNSW Sydney (UNSW), the award of $5.1m in funding fromthe Federal Government’s Defence Trailblazer Program for the design andconstruction of the first full-scale Quantum Silicon commercial production module. Thisalso includes facilities for the conversion of the SILEX process output (ZS-Si) into twodifferent product forms required by potential customers: gaseous Quantum Silane andsolid Quantum Silicon"

Is this the $5.1m a grant or a loan?

"The new 3.5-year Project has been awarded $5.1m in funding from the Defence Trailblazerfor Concept to Sovereign Capability Program, a strategic partnership between The Universityof Adelaide and UNSW, supported by the Department of Education through the TrailblazerUniversities Program. The Project has a total budget of ~$16m, with Silex currently resolvingother avenues of financial support for the Project"

A bit alarming to see that it's going to take 3.5yrs to have a ZS Si production project with revenue - I thought revenue for this was imminent now that the pre-project was producing ZS Si and that we would see revenue this year. Also seem that we have to find the balance of $16m-$5.1m=$10.9m which may either come from our funds, a debt (i.e bank) very hopefully a grant. To me not clear whether the $16.1m is going to be a current liability with promised revenue in 3.5yrs time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.