SLX 2.72% $5.00 silex systems limited

Ann: Operational Update - 25 August 2022, page-51

1. zog
    2,928 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 888
    The problem with fusion is that it's just too difficult to produce the temperatures required for the D T reaction (deuterium - tritium reaction) and lowest temperature fusion reaction and efficiently retain those temperatures. The other problem is that the D T reaction produces neutrons that cannot be controlled by magnetic fields and thus damages the container. It also requires tritium which leads to a requirement for fission reactors to produce that tritium. A further problem is that positive net energy (i.e more out than in) is also very difficult to achieve. Current standard (not yet obtained for any real length of time) only look at the tokamak but to be practical the energy out must well exceed the total energy input (pumps etc etc) - this goal is far away. In other word probably an unlikely target in the foreseeable future and as such not a competitor.

One of the few things I agree with Moosey over is that due to the cost and size of a fusion reactor (when it does eventually happen) it is only going to a role where there is a large demand for power - in most cases distributed power over a geography will be more apporpriate and certainly more acceptable to our financial system that objects to large doses of capex (in the multi $billions)

In other an unlikely competitor and if (when) it happens the demand for tritium requires fission (actually CANDU's are best for this)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.00
Change
-0.140(2.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.00 $5.02 $4.91 $3.569M 717.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2811 $5.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.01 1749 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.