SLX 0.95% $5.34 silex systems limited

The cost of renewables with storage is completely understated...

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 135
    The cost of renewables with storage is completely understated and false assumptions are made...

Firstly i know your a Talga investor (great company btw) but look at the graphite demand projections from benchmark minerals for eg. I think you understand and believe battery costs are going to increase over the next decade or else why are you invested in Talga?

The CSIRO assumptions is that battery storage costs will continue to decline at the same rate as the previous 10 years...do you think that will occur?

Also power grids are designed for large amounts of baseload power production in centralized locations decently close to where the consumption of that energy occurs. for example while its sunny and windy in QLD, if its dark and stale in VIC then VIC is just going to turn on their gas generators to stabalize the grid.

While with nuclear in Australia, the cost assumptions are purely on yhe highest end of the spectrum, with no synergies or benefits to high wage employment that having a nuclear industry in the country would achieve. Also the assumptions with nuclear is that it will be funded fully commerical, with no government subsidies with interst rates of 10%. Do you think solar and wind would be competative to coal and gas if they had no subsidies and capex was with 10% interest?

Yes nuclear is costly but this is due to the regulations (strangulations) put on by 'green' policies to ensure that that we live in a energy scarce economy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.34
Change
0.050(0.95%)
Mkt cap ! $1.264B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.36 $5.38 $5.23 $2.029M 382.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 129 $5.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1699 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.