SLX 4.88% $5.07 silex systems limited

Too much US politics and problems with GE internally for SLX to...

1. 156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Too much US politics and problems with GE internally for SLX to be worthwhile mixed up with them IMHO.  GE has necessarily needed to focus on core business which, arguably is a competitor to SLX in many ways.  Unless their business improved markedly and quickly, they now have a vested interest in NOT seeing SLX deployed.  And clearly there is a value they would place on ensuring that non-deployment.  In one way I'm surprised that they have agreed to release the ownership in GLE and not maintained that stake as a small counter-investment / insurance against a competitive product coming to market.  Call me a skeptic, but that's how I see it.

I see no deployment risk with Cameco whatsoever.  Quite the opposite and I'd think they would be champing at the bit to take this game changing technology into the commercial market.  Sure, external factors including the US government still have a role to play there, but if the appropriate assurances can be given - and I again note the clear and strategic terms used in the announcement about DOE agreements remaining place with changed ownership - then the tech is far more likely to reach the market with GE out of the way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.07
Change
-0.260(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $1.200B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.13 $5.23 $5.03 $2.142M 420.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1461 $5.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.11 6666 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.