SLX 5.41% $4.02 silex systems limited

It IS "rock solid".  But it's also "patience" term (I prefer...

1. 157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    It IS "rock solid".  But it's also "patience" term (I prefer that to "long" term) and not sexy.  I've said here for 10 years now that Silex can save the world.  It's tongue in cheek, but there's an element of truth to it.  The waste from nuclear is "known" and with the likes of SLX and other developments that waste is becoming easier to manage and the energy from all parts of the process is becoming safer and cheaper.  Patience remains the key for me.

Not withstanding the above, I do think that there's a more positive future for commercial deployment right now with less parties directly involved in that - i.e. essentially only Cameco and Silex, assuming that all US DOE conditions / permits remain in place through the transfer as is necessary for the deal with Cameco to proceed.  And I don't doubt that commercial deployment has been delayed due to governmental issues and internal decisions at GE that have forced the hand to "slow" progress.  Look at what has happened with GE in recent years and they're virtually insolvent.  Share price dismal, dividends nearly non-existent.  They couldn't afford to put too much cash into developing new tech that wasn't 100% guaranteed to bring high % returns to the bottom line.  And of course they'll have known this from well before we saw major crashes in their share price which were er.. at the time SLX were trying to gain funding for further development.  Clearly wasn't going to happen!  Fortunately, that hindsight tells us (me anyway) that the SLX tech is rock solid, but GE couldn't manage its future due to their own issues.

Now GE is gone.  Good thing.  Very good thing.

Anyway, for me, it seems that only a small return to positive sentiment for nuclear power and a small increase in U prices will be enough for Cameco to put up the funds for commercial deployment.  Cameco is looking strong on their balance sheet and I believe would be very willing to put the time and effort into commercial Silex deployment for the mid to long term benefit of their shareholders.  As a good company should want to do, and should be able to do.  The relationships here feels right to me and I'm excited about the future.  Patience remains the key!  ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.02
Change
-0.230(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $952.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.11 $4.12 $3.85 $3.464M 863.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 995 $4.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.06 3085 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.