AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Creamer media's mining weekly story taken from...

1. 1,458 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    Creamer media's mining weekly story taken from Bloomberg.

https://www.miningweekly.com/article/carmakers-urged-to-invest-in-mines-to-avoid-battery-metal-pinch-2020-05-11/searchString:car+makers

To Quote:

While major car producers do understand funding challenges faced by metals producers, most are wary of exposure to miningprojects that come with unfamiliar risks and can take years to move from exploration to production, according to Vivas Kumar, a principal consultant at industry adviser Benchmark Mineral Intelligence and previously a member of Tesla Inc.’s battery supply chain team.

What’s more likely is that the auto sector will move to add more offtake contracts, agreements to buy future production, that can help developers unlock traditional sources of project finance, he said.

China’s Great Wall Motor previously agreed a supply deal with lithium miner Pilbara Minerals, while Tesla, battery maker LG Chem and others struck pacts on output from a separate planned mine and refineryproject in Australia.

Never ceases to amaze me how many posts here include link/stories that really have nothing to do with AVZ.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.