SWP 5.13% 20.5¢ swoop holdings limited

The nature of the market of Desktop 3D Printers have changed...

1. 4,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 482
    The nature of the market of Desktop 3D Printers have changed dramatically in the last 2 years.

The dominant of the market such as Makerbot,  ultimaker have been moving down the rank in term of unit sales which have been impacted by much cheaper chinese models.

There is a reason behind this strategy as xyzprinting, Monoprice and other new entrants have lot of financial backing and cheap labour from China which they can drive production costs down dramatically.
    Having said that,  their margin is very tiny or often come with a loss.
    In addtion,  quality will be compromised and  lack of technical support etc

Comsumers are smarter than you think,  they can buy a cheap model to test out first before commit to a more expensive model.

There are hazard risks associate to these cheap models hence schools,uni and professional users will likely to avoid.

RBO has placed itself in a much better position.  Engineer in the us and manuafacture by Foxconn.
    RBO technical support model is much better however what rbo is lack with is $$$ to introduce more models in a reasonal price.
    I kept mention that rbo need to have different price range.
    $400-$700 and $700-$1.5k
    They need to sell the story and differentiate itself.
    Furthermore the Trump new import policy will potentially impact chinese imported goods in the future which will help rbo.
    By the way Foxconn is Taiwanese company.  

To boost production and sales growth,  rbo may need to seek for strong backers in the us or potentially partner with Foxconn.  Foxconn is building up the knowledge and the technology in the 3d printing space.
    Even though google search have a list of around 35-45 3D manuafacturers however only half a dozen compete in the personal 3D desktop market.
    Some new entrance use kickstarters for funding but quality wise is terrible and they are a bit late in the market.

Go to wikipedia and do your reaearch on each individual company then you would understand what i mean.

I will continue to hold long term.

I hope @ryanl would rethink their strategy a bit and use outsource service to understand their market and competitors a bit more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $42.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 20.5¢ $1.025K 5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 4964 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.41pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.