OBM 8.97% 42.5¢ ora banda mining ltd

Ann: Operational Update, page-102

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    Information direct from their Dec 2021, half year report....below

Somebody reviewing this data for the first time, would likely consider........ excellent grades,(higher than average for Aust gold mining) - good mill recoveries and a not at all too shabby,  $80m revenue for the half.

Indeed the figures below would suggest a likely successful gold startup - pointing to say free cash surplus of $50m annualized.

Unfortunately the figures belie a disaster for investors (up until now).  Why ?

.... 2.8 bcm of waste was mined at open pit mines Missouri and Riverina  - or $63.9 m in just 6 months, for exploration, evaluation and development (mostly development - that is certain).  

....32.3 K ounces from the mill is actually good. Efficient expenditure incurred during the 6 months on the mill, in trying to get it up to capacity, maybe can be questioned. Issues involved : Reliability of the processing plant high voltage circuit to be addressed through system upgrades which should reduce plant down time. • Custom liners may improve mill capacity above current nameplate – in discussions with supplier • Replacement of aged bore field water supply line which has required numerous repairs.

-----------------
    Anyway the point is - the Dec half does prove they can produce a lot of gold.  What has changed, is that Phase 1 (deepening of central part of historical pit) and Phase 2 (pit cut-back) have been completed at Missouri - no longer do we have to endure tens of millions expense, each quarter spend on waste removal - thus the streamed project staffing can mine ore, not rock waste in future.

The great thing is - no lesser quantity of gold ore will be produced, from this 40% less mining plant....(without the need now for waste mining at Missouri)

It does not look like the $20m raised will be required.  The new manager....at least following the decision to mine only from this rich Missouri open pit mine - has been handed the project on a platter. Strange thing to stay after the last 12 months, but that is the way it looks.

It should become evident very soon, OBM can produce $50m free cash annually - (like most every other gold company their size) which even on a forward of 5, puts the SP back to 18 cents....plus $40m cash by Oct - what to do with that, I don't know.

----------------------------
    ORA BANDA MINING LIMITED DIRECTORS’ REPORT FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2021

Revenue for the period totalled $79.60 million from the sale of 32,328 ounces of gold at an average price of $2,458.40 and 3,632 ounces of silver at an average price of $32.52. There were no sales in the previous corresponding period.

Ore was mined from three mining centres during the period. Total ore mined was 742,149 tonnes at a grade of 1.85 g/t Au for 44,120 contained ounces.

Processing Ore milled for the period totalled 500,883 tonnes at a blended grade of 2.14 g/t Au for 34,521 contained ounces. Recovery during the period was 91.4% with 31,471 ounces being poured

ORA BANDA MINING LIMITED DIRECTORS’ REPORT FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2021

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
0.035(8.97%)
Mkt cap ! $789.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 43.8¢ 40.5¢ $4.676M 11.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25555 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 109998 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.