NST 1.65% $14.33 northern star resources ltd

Thanks @elixir … I’m ‘depressed’ As a long term gold share...

1. 2,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Thanks @elixir … I’m ‘depressed’
    As a long term gold share holder there have been so many ups and downs and forecasts of gold about to shoot the lights out over the past decade or so. It never did … till now (conservatively) that is, as all the world’s problems and more) come to a head. It was always inevitable that inflation on a natural course would raise the costs of doing business. It’s been a stressful ride and as they say ‘it isn’t for the feint-hearted’.
    I’m a long term holder of NST, I picked up a parcel very early, more on a capital raise, then sold both parcels for Saracen, only to be an NST holder once again. My portfolio is way overweight NST, my initial outlay on Saracen has risen 1800%. At $10 I thought I should have sold, then $11, $12, etc. I felt Saracen was a less stressful holding, having learned the lessons of holding in soveign risk countries and for that matter, Australian States (Victorian gas anybody?). A lot of that has changed due to the now risks towards mining investments of our own governments. It’s difficult to find the next Saracen. One can only hope to find a ‘lower’ risk company as there are always inherent risks. Get it right and the rewards are great, even though one is at risk of aging at a faster pace because the ride is never smooth.

@jack321, those soverign risks I speak of are not confined to gold shares, the green/left demonisation of gas and oil companies make them very high risk in this Country despite the potential returns of price spikes. ‘Peak oil’ anybody? Fossil fuels are not trendy or ‘acceptable’ to some. Having said that I avoided coal shares due to the push back. How wrong I was.

GLTAH
    Cheers,
    Cazzex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.33
Change
-0.240(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $16.55B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.58 $14.69 $14.32 $54.59M 3.795M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 667 $14.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.35 10216 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$14.33
  Change
-0.240 ( 2.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
$14.62 $14.62 $14.33 564535
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.