LKE 8.11% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

I sure hope the several holders from a few years ago that were...

1. 335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    I sure hope the several holders from a few years ago that were paper millionaires but insisting they'd hold on for the long term actually came to their senses before it was too late.

I'll give you my two bobs worth here. China is the prime EV market, so their explosion in EV production dictates the marginal price of lithium. Their economy is now tanking, their property based wealth of ghost cities can only end up in less $ to buy EV's just like here in Oz the fancy cars we see on roads are half based on property wealth effect. So we knew their domestic EV demand would drop and they'd try to dump their product internationally. Meanwhile Tesla successfully met the early EV adopters but now there are less EV market available in places like Oz cause, well, range anxiety. I'm very conscious of this cause I have an Outlander plugin hybrid which is bliss, but we are about to get a new car, wife wants a Kia EV9 but I'm not so sure anymore. Here's the thing. We drive to Canberra, we're loaded with stuff on roof rack, and there's a stiff westerly blowing. Will the nominal 420km range get us the 280km distance? I'm not so sure. And it's weekend/holiday time, so guess what the queues will be like at EV charging stations. I saw a 3hr long one at Jugiong once. All Teslas.

Europeans are going luke warm on EV's, USA is having to curb its ambitions (Ford can only cop so many thousands of losses per Mach-E Mustang).

So we might be in a bit of a long term slump extended by PLS and LTR etc who can spit out volume for peanuts margin cause they've got no choice, less bad than mothballing. Plugin hybrids might pick up.

I personally think solid state batteries for 100km-150km range with a 300 to 500km std lithium ion "baseload" might be the solutions. Quick charge time, lighter, put the high use in the safe tech and mostly deal with range anxiety.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.003(8.11%)
Mkt cap ! $66.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 4.0¢ 3.6¢ $292.6K 7.536M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 271030 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 2444859 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.