88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Ann: Operations Update, page-114

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Hi Ya, et al.

My mind has been doing o/t on why they didn't perf that middle zone and the SIMPLE conclusion to make is that it provides flow from this zone of the strata. That's probably a given.

But I mentioned something that even I have only suddenly realised could b a major reason as to why we have heard DW make that statement on the conventional like well flow.

Now I see all those readers rolling their eyes saying, don't shove this in our face right on the eve of the frack NOT KNOWING if we r going to get a decent result.

Does everyone see the disconnect here ?

How can the CEO heavily imply the potential for conventional like flow unless he was reasonably certain that how they have modelled this shale to flow will indeed do so.

Well this may b the last piece of the puzzle.

I mentioned the importance of the ability of the consistency in stress regimes for the best chance of a complex fracture network and that's the initially important factor.

But how the hell r we going to get conventional like flow from what appears to b a standard shale, albeit high end shale. Even such a high end shale won't flow like a conventional reservoir.

End conclusion or question ?

What's providing the essential hydraulic conditions for such flow?

Well I think many may have sussed where I am going with this.

Yes I stated that there is flow potential from the higher permeability zone but I was not thinking of the actual PORE DYNAMICS involved in the flow.

I mentioned they didn't want to touch the central zone for fear of destroying the permeability structure of the HRZ and the ability for it to provide flow.

This is where we need to go back to that all important comment on the HIGHER PORE PRESSURE.

They r quite clear in the implication that the central zone does not have as a consistent stress regime as the upper and lower zones from the annmnt.

Here's the assumption that required a big leap of faith. Probably something that Bromb and Laz will find a little difficult to justify, Bromb more so. Sorry Bromb, u r simply being e realist and a grounded investor which I respect, however I think many here realise that I am tending towards a glass half full much of the time and I like to give reason to such statements
    as " conventional like flow potential".
    So it's important to make the call for oneself that this is simply me making another addition/correction to my HRZ model and definitely do not take this as the gospel according to PB !!!

Hypothesis according to d. Perhaps

Back to that assumption.

If the stress regime is not as consistent as those two other zones for fracking it implies that there may well not just also be higher permeability, or connection between the pore spaces but possibly ALSO HIGHER POROSITY.

Even if not the case the fact that they have found pore pressure leads one to the general assumption that there will be more push over all from the HRZ.

But if one makes that leap of faith above then one can also make the leap to a POTENTIAL MAJOR POSITIVE PRESSURE GRADIENT FROM THIS CENTRAL ZONE to the upper and lower zones.

Starting to sound like Steve Larret a bit here.

As I say tho, this is purely hypothesis and not intended as THE model these guys r working with.

We find out in a short few weeks guys as to whether the case.

d.
    Last edited by Generalrelativity: 17/06/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $31.76K 15.34M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 14573501 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 473268494 221
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.