88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Just me waffling about the announcement.. 1. Things have changed...

1. 283 Posts.
    Just me waffling about the announcement..

1. Things have changed in that we are now flowing the Lower and Upper zones together sooner than we thought we would as they are already co-mingling, possibly due to adjoining fractures or maybe because the middle unfracked zone is highly porous?. So I guess that means no oil sample was taken for the Upper zone alone.

A lot of posts from respected/knowledgeable posters on LSE and HotCopper stating this isn't an issue. Whether you believe them or not is a different matter.

I can personally see why this may be a positive as it shows either that the rocks are porous, the fracks are extensive, or both. I personally can't think why it would be a negative thing, but it's beyond my understanding.

2. "Trace hydrocarbons were encountered whilst flowing back the upper zone prior to drilling out the plug, and as expected, the flow rate returned to 100% stimulation fluid once the two zones were flowed back together."

I have no idea if seeing trace hydrocarbons means much - other than they exist - which we already knew. I have no idea why these traces disappeared, but it was expected, so I assume it's all normal. Also, I have no idea as to why after 30% of frack fluids have been recovered it is expected that hydrocarbons will be released. I don't know if this is normal.

3. Flowback of frack fluid is continuing. 13% recovered as of the announcement. Approx 2% per day (could be more).

They have not stated that pressure is dropping off, or that they are having difficulty recovering the frack fluid, but have hinted that they may well need to artificially assist the fluid...

For now we just wait until approx 30% frack fluid has been recovered and then possible news about initial hydrocarbon flow. They may decide at any time to artificially assist the frack fluids if deemed necessary.
    If the reservoir continues to release the frack fluids at approx 2% per day, we may get close to that 30% mark by the end of the week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $59.97K 28.45M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
385 448921908 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 577454273 149
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.