88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Olderwiser, Water blockage induced by the frack water is top of...

1. 1,048 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 899
    Olderwiser,

Water blockage induced by the frack water is top of my list, as the most likely cause of the difficulty in achieving flow.
    We can but wait to see if increasing the D P/driving force by gas lift will overcome the resistance of the capillary and osmotic forces holding the sealing water in the rock. My bet is it will
    A super critical, single phase reservoir has strong diffusive properties, but needs the water out of the connected pore spaces that give us the permeability.
    The 9000 psi pore pressure has to push it out before the gas can flow through. Looking at slide 18 that may only be 15 millimetres to clear

From one of the Operations updates last year ….

Imbibition allows for absorption of frac water into the formation, which may displace reservoir water molecules that are restricting hydro carbon molecules from flowing into the created fractures.

How do you reconcile the above two statements?
    The well was shut in for 6 weeks to allow for imbibition to occur, and now that is has occurred, it has potentially become the same problem we already had?
    Some of the the in-situ water in the formation just replaced by frac water?
    Not clear on what the 15mm imbibed length really means. 15mm from where ?
    Garry, also interested in your thoughts on this.
    I have been doing some research reading around this topic over the past 8 months and the main thing I understand now is, in the real world, it is incredibly complex and inherently unpredictable, hence our 50/50 chance of success!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.1¢ 0.2¢ 0.1¢ $44.46K 35.20M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
307 1199858941 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 151348045 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.