88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Docmin24, regarding your acid (chemistry approach) on near...

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144
    Docmin24,

regarding your acid (chemistry approach) on near wellbore pores, my thoughts are acid is used where a chemical reaction is required to dislodge blockages which does not appear to be the issue at IW2V. Additionally putting or spotting acid at reservoir depth would need coil tubing anyway and that is a bulk part of our costs (you referred to spending heaps of cash). I have had mixed success with acid scale removal. Also we then contaminate our fracc water, I believe they will take the flowback fracc water away for processing/re use.

Nitrogen down the well is a physics approach and tried and tested. Flow N2 down the well, back up to production separator and either vented off to atmosphere or sent with flare gas. IE presents minimal logistical problems.

88E have had months to determine best way forward with all the data, we PI's have had a few weeks to pick away at the way forward on limited ANN/RNS data. As a drilling industry guy I see no red flags here. All 88E plans will require BEX approval and these guys are based in Houston - EXPERTS.

So we have 128 feet of vertical reservoir payzone here, cored samples stated 16%max porosity and average 12.6% porosity. Permeability figures have never been released but are reported as excellent. So we have to think about that core lab flask of condensate shallower to darker volatile oil deeper. Then armed with all that knowledge think about fracc water penetrations, there will be great conductivity and connection with the reservoir at bigger porosity and permeability depths, then lower conductivity and connection at other depths where porosity is below 12.6% and that will be where the capillary action is creating higher inernal pore pressures holding in the fracc water. Capillary action in reservoirs is worth reading into if you want to fully see what is likely the pressure mechanism we need to meddle with - N2. My opinion is with the coiled tubing and packer arrangement we can manipulate (create various pressure differential scenarios) at precise depths to create a range of drawdown conditions on the reservoir.

So from top to bottom of reservoir we likely do not have equal penetration of fracc fluid based on above. Returning fracc fluid will deliver the most porous and permeable zones first and as the reservoir hydrocarbons are clear at top and dark further down, you could ASSUME the GOR does something similar. My opinion is that once gas zones are free to rise to surface the pressure this creates further pushes back on the fracc water wet lower oilier zones. This is why 88E will put the horizontal at the correct depth to produce less gas and more volatile oil. What we have is a 128 FOOT hole catching gas and oil. A horizontal well will have a 6 INCH hole (over 1000's of feet laterally) catching oil (with the best case GOR - gas oil ratio).

I will be posting less as I have other commitments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $26.45K 11.23M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
425 477962938 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 561032193 151
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.