CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 346 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    Well said $@51

Sorry I never seen your post yet well Analyzed.

It’s crazy what they are trying to achieve. The pressure on the rock fractured is mind blowing. The depth of the well and the horizontal.

There is nothing more important in petroleum engineering than a definite knowledge of the pressure at the bottom of an oil well at any existing operating condition, and the relation of this pressure to the pressure within the producing formation. A knowledge of bottom-hole pressures is fundamental indetermining the most efficient methods of recovery and the most efficient lifting procedure, yet there is less information about these pressures than about any other part of the general problem of producing oil.

The pressure on the rock formation is incredible.
    As you go deeper into the earth, the rock at any layer is carrying the weight of all the rock vertically above it. For rough calculations we generally consider that this rock weighs 144 lb a cubic foot. So that 10 ft down the weight of the overlying column on a square foot would be 144 x 10 = 1,440 lb/sq ft. But through convention we reduce the area that we talk about to a square inch (144 sq in= 1 sq ft) so with this division the weight on a square inch would be 10 lb. A remarkable resemblance to the depth number (grin). This means that we can assume, as we go deeper into the earth, that the pressure on the rock increases by 1 lb/sq. inch (psi) for every foot we go deeper. This means that at 6,000 ft, the rock is under a pressure, from the rock above it, of 6,000 psi.

I assume no one read this! Hopefully the new template for a well of this depth is to extract 30 barrels a day to break the code

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.