BRU 0.00% 8.0¢ buru energy limited

Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: ‘We’re...

1. 920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134

Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: ‘We’re going to be fine’

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate

It's a really solid article from LA Times.

I'm currently in full isolation for two weeks. Not because I'm sick, or even exposed, but because I'm a foreigner who had to cross a border, to save my business. So now, I get two anti-social but relaxing weeks.....

Caught up with my stocks on HC. Seems a bit of a theme around "end of days" visions. I'm also bit weary of people telling me as I'm not fearful, anxious, drama-rama, I must be "bad".

Yes my portfolio is half what is was, I'm locked up, business is in shutdown, I'm not short of drama in my life....

Interesting, the research being done. Every day something is discovered. A lot of the reaction was / is counterproductive, but that can be worked out. Partisan politics and media, as always, not entirely helpful.

I trust the cool heads of science rather than the agendas and cronies of professional political hysterics.

Crashing the world economy in itself will lead directly to major health problems and deaths, not to mention other massive welfare trade-offs.

I was in Thailand a couple of days ago. My hotel was empty, tourism was shut down. So many ordinary families, who live day to day, now have NO MONEY. Already in strife, they will suffer grievously. How many will get weak, sick from other things, and die? That is REAL.

In Italy, media manufactured hysteria flooded the hospitals with healthy youngish people, who were then prioritised over vulnerable older people in Italy, undoubtedly increasing the death rate across all sorts of illnesses, including those COVID co-morbidities. That is REAL.

Please, please, remember, that despite all the dysfunctions, COVID fatalities in Italy are still many times below the typical annual seasonal flu. That is REAL.

Leaders have to run to the head of the mob, and become the loudest voices, otherwise they can't lead it. People will cheer the "extreme measures" at first, BUT then, start complaining.... So Leaders can then gradually ease off what they put in place - getting the credit for that - and reshaping actions in a more balanced and responsible direction.

To quote "the evil one" - WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.

Sure, the market falls were on-par / worse than 1929. Yes OK, get it. But my money is on a V-Shaped dip. Fear will evaporate once the real scientific facts and sensible responses around COVID19 become widely accepted.

Of course the institutions, pumped up with fresh free liquidity, will benefit massively from this crash. But us small investors mustn't panic, they'll be a ride back up to some sort of normality - (if certain people can stop playing shameless partisan politics).

We can only have faith that the truth will ultimately prevail over hysteria-mongers (many with agendas) - otherwise, if this happens every time a new infectious virus appears, modern civilisation is over, and the sharemarket won't even exist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $53.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.0¢ 8.0¢ $500 6.253K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12820 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 42995 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.07pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.