OPT 1.39% 35.5¢ opthea limited

FFS, you are asserting opinion on how the market trades, yet...

1. 7,492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6758
    FFS, you are asserting opinion on how the market trades, yet admit you are new to trading?

Execution by electronic and algorirthms increasingly involved in the market for sure, but thats mainly in the big boy stuff and in the US its well over half of all trading There is a big difference bewteen automted execution and 'robots manipulating trading'. The algorithms compete against each other for oportunity and efficiency. Lets start by looking at the holders. Regal are not in there at the last annual report, unless by nominee - please show me which one and how Regal are the " #1 gorilla in the room for OPT":
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6258/6258548-a56b52d342a561954b7b0f910142c9d2.jpg
    Do you think Regal or any Insto for that matter routinely manipulates markets amongst all the others hundreds of Intos and gets away with it, or colludes to manipulate - all without the ASX or ASIC having a little look? Look at the Insto turn out on the primary. You don't think that one or two having paid $0.40 for sevearl millions of shares might not come iterested at $0.35, 34, 33, 32?

Of course it can go to high $0.20's. Its more likely than it going to high $0.40's until the offer over.

With experience you will discover this often happens at the small end of town at these raisings. They trade slightly under the offer price (and I pick them up often when they are sufficiently cheap to the offer price - as I already have in small parcels). Sometimes they bounce post raise. Look at MSB's (bio-tech) last raise at $0.30 and its rally to over $1.30. Sometimes they don't.

You guys asserted it falling to 20's with little reasoning beyond your bogeyman behind the curtains ideas about how the ASX trades. You did it again above:

"In my opinion, the capital raise (CR) or dilution event was clearly telegraphed to retail investors"

Seriously? The company has to discount the raise as standard. You think it telegraphs to everyone willingly "hey don't buy our stock everyone, we are about to do a discount raise, to where-ever the hell you sell it down to now we let the cat out of the bag".

What was obvious is they needed cash. You didn't know if that was going to be via a partnership, strategic placement, or capital raise anymore than the rest of investors. Alas for our purposes it was the latter.

And again, if you think a $0.60 to $0.45 fall in a couple of days and a subsequent capital raise announced related. Just a little 25% drop on no other news? This is the crap the ASX and ASIC routinely fail to police you will notice as your experience increases. The moment these companies go sniffing for someone to conduct the raise, the cat is out of the bag and down it goes. The non-disclosure compliance on this stuff amongst Insto's is awful. And they even pay the brokers who blab their mouths to conduct it for them.

if you find me frank, its because people try to assert things of matter of fact (like market manipulation of trading) whilst they confess they don't know much about trading/investing. Insider information - go for your life. Much of the Insto mkt knew not to buy OPT at $0.60 late May - why it fell so rapidly. The information was out there. Mug punters like us alas did not.
    Last edited by bedger: Thursday, 12:16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $387.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 36.0¢ 35.5¢ $632.4K 1.766M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 361309 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 38071 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.