OPT 0.00% 34.5¢ opthea limited

@bedger, I wonder if my words, not being from a professional...

1. 967 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205

@bedger, I wonder if my words, not being from a professional background, are confusing or simply being willfully misinterpreted. Unfortunately, from my side, it's now feeling like latter. I have a lot to be grateful for the info you have posted on OPT and of course on ZIP last year.

Institutional Trading
    Australian institutions use trading algorithms to influence pricing? Note, I'm not talking about capturing the market but exerting strong influence. Institutions employ high-paid quant staff to develop algorithms to obtain above-average profits. Where this steps from smart legal to manipulation extralegal, don't know, but I am sure it is not black and white. When I see accumulation bots in action, I see share price increases. Yes, it is not perfect; otherwise, institutional traders would have captured 100% of the stock market by now, and retail would have zero. No algorithm can turn a 4-cent stock heading to VA into the next NVDA.

Regal's Role

Regal is the big boy in the room for OPT and will get bigger.

Quoting, they have informed the OPT that their current voting power is 23.56%, consisting of 132,902,835 ordinary shares and 2,907,403 ADSs. Regal will have a pro-rata entitlement under the Entitlement Offer of 108,936,750 shares. Additionally, Regal has entered into a sub-underwriting arrangement with the Underwriter to sub-underwrite up to 137,607,736 shares under the Retail Entitlement Offer and up to 75,000,000 shares under the Institutional Entitlement Offer.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6259/6259254-5497a0a2e3192f9414babfb6394eeada.jpg

Price Drop Potential
    It seems there's a misunderstanding regarding the potential for OPT’s stock price to drop to below 30 cents. I believe such a drop is possible due to market volatility and EOFY selling pressures, and I'm prepared to take advantage of lower prices if this happens. This isn't about conspiracy theories or market manipulation, but rather a realistic view of short-term market dynamics.

Bedger your are skeptical fair enough, viewing such predictions as speculative without strong evidence, observing mid cap stocks trade slightly under offer prices during capital raisings. However, you also acknowledge, "Of course it can go to high $0.20s. It's more likely than it going to high $0.40s until the offer is over." So, would it be fair to say we agree that it could go to 29.5 cents? Where we likely don't agree is on that probability (very very unlikely vs. maybe) and thus the point keeping cash around to pounce if it happens.

Personally, I won't be waiting long, though. When it's time at the tail end of the first week of July to decide on the CR and the OPTOB, I won't hesitate to get my combined holdings to 2M shares.

On Profit Dilution or CR
    I don't think anyone here, you, me, or others, were surprised that some kind funding, partnership of CR had to occur.
    @PigRace came very close in March to nailing predicting that a CR or regional partnership would be needed as per the half-yearly report. @PigRace what is your opinion on how it played out.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6259/6259273-79291dcd7507941494246baac57c975c.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think a CR was 100% certain, but it was IMHO the most probable outcome.
    And again, my surprise was the size and number of shares printed, the slump to 48cents and the CR at 40cents, which is where I am grumpy. So, my existing retail holding was diluted significantly beyond my expectations and push the stock price below my average of 44 which I had worked very hard to accumulate.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6259/6259204-aa111fdff95083778b9f37e0bc6e04ce.jpg
    Last edited by FreeFromStyle: Thursday, 16:10

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $376.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.5¢ 35.0¢ 34.0¢ $402.5K 1.164M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 506452 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 1059809 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.