OPT 5.06% 75.0¢ opthea limited

"Hard to think it will be about 3 years out before commercial...

1. 397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    "Hard to think it will be about 3 years out before commercial sales."

And that's part of the issue. In the meantime, it's dead money that could be earning money. Someone mentioned an enrolment rate of 80%. I haven't seen or heard that number being bandied around. I don't hold, but I used to. So I still follow closely what's going on. I thought that the initial investment by the Carlyle Group was the investment that was going to see this go through to commercialsation? I stand to be corrected on that comment. I listened to an interview with one of the OPT scientists recently and I got absolutely zero from his dribble. Yeah, yeah..we all know about the "potential" and the "addressable market", but where exactly are they in this venture. Does anybody know with a degree of certainty?

I've followed the many presentations (that are all the same in any case) and to me, it seems like a mismanagement issue.

I see no rush to add any capital to this company in the near term. What was the last raise at, was it $1.15? I can't remember, but suddenly - even with a promising treatment (not a cure), this looks precarious. I know that Ms. Baldwin already owns a large chunk, but I see no director buying. I only see issuing of shares and exercise of options - and I don't mean that of the treadmill variety. In fact, the last "on market trade" was Ms Baldwin herself who sold $440k's worth at 0.66c.

Too hard basket - for now at least.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.