OPT 1.32% 38.5¢ opthea limited

Further to my earlier comment on the potential Nasdaq listing I...

1. 486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71

Further to my earlier comment on the potential Nasdaq listing I am tempted to speculate this announcement may have been put out there as something of a fishing expedition to flush out and or maximise a commercial deal(s) with a big pharma(s)

Megan Baldwin has so far proved herself to be one smart operator. In all the interviews I have heard, or transcripts I have read, she has always been at pains to point out the extremely large commercial opportunity and valuable asset OPT-302 represents. Although the question has been raised multiple times Megan has also never ruled anything in or out in terms of how phase III trials would be funded, or the likely commercial pathway Opthea will take. As I see it the company is visibly placing itself in a position where it doesn’t need to chase a commercial deal with big pharma to fund trials so as a result any big pharma wanting to negotiate a deal will be forced to pay up on terms that are favourable to Opthea. I can only see this eventually ending in significant benefit to shareholders

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.5¢
Change
0.005(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $473.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 39.0¢ 38.0¢ $142.7K 370.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49829 38.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 87450 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.