OPT 1.27% 78.0¢ opthea limited

“I am fully committed to advancing the field and enhancing...

1. 2,940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    “I am fully committed to advancing the field and enhancing patient outcomes. This opportunity with Opthea marks a significant milestone in pursuing that objective,”

“We have the opportunity to redefine the standard of care in wet AMD by making the combination approach of an anti-VEGF-A and an anti-VEGF-C and -D, which is sozinibercept, the standard of care for first-line treatment of wet AMD patients, so it’s actually a big undertaking,”

“Very interestingly, the phase 2b trial that was conducted with sozinibercept demonstrated statistically significant superiority of sozinibercept on vision in combination as opposed to standard of care alone. And vision is really what patients care about,”

“That’s one of the tasks we have ahead of us: to redefine success based on vision.

“Sozinibercept is the only molecule that is in late-stage development where we are trying to get better vision outcomes for our patients with neovascular AMD,” Khanani said. “I am always involved with novel therapies, and it’s exciting to help Opthea with the development of sozinibercept.”

https://www.healio.com/news/ophthalmology/20240223/opthea-appoints-arshad-m-khanani-as-chief-medical-advisor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.