OPT 2.78% 35.0¢ opthea limited

Yeah agreed, I don't understand why so many are trying to...

1. 15,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3936
    Yeah agreed, I don't understand why so many are trying to compare this to those raises. Those raises are what OPT should have done years ago, large institutional placements for the most part (entitlement offers to existing stale instos are very different) at peak investor optimism of the future, which open the doors to the register for a large number of brand new institutional investors who will continue to accumulate on market. Instead, we got a massively dilutionary raise, with virtually no new instos and at peak investor pessimism. The raises are not comparable.

Whilst I think 2025 will be significantly better, I'm guessing the next few months and perhaps even the remainder of 2024 will be quite tough with all the fresh shares that need to be churned through. There won't be any rush of buyers imo. I don't really mind either way, if I'm wrong and it shoots up to a dollar next week I'll be happy, but if it continues plummeting to 20c I have plenty of ammo (I won't be participating in the raise though as I do believe I'll be able to acquire shares cheaper on market).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $382.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 36.5¢ 35.0¢ $934.4K 2.624M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 230715 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 17816 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.