OPT 0.00% 34.5¢ opthea limited

Yes, I wouldn't, and I think everyone here would be well-advised...

1. 967 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205

Yes, I wouldn't, and I think everyone here would be well-advised not to wallstreetbet against the best interests of the house of Regal.

There doesn't seem to be much good news that could spark meme-worthy speculation into OPT in 2024. We've seen a few instances where OPT attended conferences marked as price sensitive, but they haven't really moved the needle as there's not much new information about what it means for the stock. Maybe a futility breakout could move the stock a little but it more just going to be a ho-hum steady as she goes point of confidence.

Of course, we're investing in a company that aims to bring a product to market that will help hundreds of thousands improve or at least reduce the decline of their sight.

Personally, I think any buying in the late 20 cents range, with a plan to sell pre-topline after a potential rise in speculative interest, offers the best risk-reward on the ASX. Totally possible, but improbable that something bad and unexpected could happen before the topline in May 2025 ( eg bad futility result) , but at present, I can't see a reason why 70+ cents couldn't occur before February.

My strategy is to buy significantly but hedge by risking off about 50% of my invested capital before P3 while keeping the rest invested. Just to be clear, I am 100% new to investing, so salt grain take.

Last edited by FreeFromStyle: 16/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $376.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.5¢ 35.0¢ 34.0¢ $402.5K 1.164M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 506452 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 1059809 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.