OPT 1.45% 35.0¢ opthea limited

I remember reading about OPT and Phase 3 that their preference...

1. 7 Posts.

I remember reading about OPT and Phase 3 that their preference was to go it alone to position themsevles as strong as possible for commercial negotiations. Extract and link to an interview with Alan Kohler speaks with the CEO of Opthea, Megan Baldwin from 4/08/2020

"And what do you expect Phase 3 to cost?In terms of our Phase 3 program, this is the final stage of clinical development, as you know, before you seek for marketing approval of a drug, so we're really in that last phase. The clinical trials are a reasonable size and we are required by the regulatory agencies to do two of them, concurrently and in parallel. Each of those clinical trials, we estimate will cost around about US$80 million, that would be around about $160 million Phase 3 clinical trial spend. But we always keep in mind that this is indeed a very, very large commercial opportunity, and the data that we've generated to date certainly justifies us moving forward into this final stage of development.Yeah, so you're definitely going to spend US$160 million on Phase 3, obviously, aren't you?Yeah, as I said, we're looking at a lot of financing options right now in order to fully fund that clinical trial, but we would need to have that fully funded and that's the approximate cost for that program."

disallowed link/investment-news/opthea-eyeing-phase-3-drug-trial/148337

Finance for 2-3 years to complete the Phase 3 trials at current low rates of debt financing would be great rather than another Capital raise. However, should an additional capital raise to occur, I'd top up my holding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
0.005(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $382.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 35.5¢ 34.5¢ $214.9K 614.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 111325 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.5¢ 80354 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.33am 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.