OPT 1.32% 37.5¢ opthea limited

I don't think from memory any (at least not in advanced...

1. 1,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 435
    I don't think from memory any (at least not in advanced phase)...Almost all of the current and soon to be launched focus on VEGF A....And the reason is very simple....It has been extensively studied and proven to be a success in wAMd, DME, RVO etc etc segments......It has years of data behind it and the most understood both from efficacy and safety......

Nowhere I am trying to say that Opthea isn't looking at the right thing...neither I am saying Fovista is a direct comparison to Opthea....

All I am saying is that the improvement from base line using existing therapies is amazing to start with and new therapies are now achieving the same but with less injections interval.......To get a statistical improvement over and above the one's achieved by mono therapy in a large set of patients will always be a challenge....(again not to say its not possible)....

Now look at the future, there will be shift happening over the next years in market dynamics....Novartis is trying to capture the market with Beovu (having challenges due to the safety issues which weren't a concern in Phase 3 trials but in real world it is) and Roche and other pharma have a better therapy coming in next couple of years......and I know Eylea is also working on something due to impending patent cycle...

By the time Opthea drug gets approval (assuming data is strong), the capture market isn't what it is now...I say not even 50% of what it is today....And Opthea only has data in conjunction with Luc and Eylea and can't promote it with new therapies.......These are just few reasons why no big Pharma has captured this by now given how desperate they are to find the next big thing in this space...and very limited options....

Again good luck to everyone holding.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $409.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 39.0¢ 37.0¢ $728.0K 1.935M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 144551 37.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.5¢ 6300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.