OPT 2.42% 84.5¢ opthea limited

Not too many biotech companies have a capital raising at a...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 513 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Not too many biotech companies have a capital raising at a significant premium to the last traded price. Obviously the company must be confident it will have no difficulty raising the cash they're after. There's a saying in biotech you should always take the opportunity to raise funds when the opportunity arises and Opthea is certainly doing this. Expect the share price to trade at or above 93c at least until the retail raising is finalised. How much of a look in retail investors get is difficult to say. After that I haven't a clue how the share price will go over the coming months.
    I am surprised at the lack of commentary on hot copper given the very positive results released. While it may not be the type of science that attracts the newspaper headlines this company has a drug that looks like it will improve the outcomes for patients in a substantial and growing market with few competitors. The basis of the science fundamentally makes sense and more importantly appears to work.
    I haven't had the time to view the webcast but will get around to that in the next few days so not sure if the company has changed its long term strategy considering it is now looking to expand the portfolio of use for Opt302?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.