OPT 0.00% 38.0¢ opthea limited

I think Megan has shown again in that interview how incredibly...

1. 6,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2623
    I think Megan has shown again in that interview how incredibly naïve she is, as a CEO, if she thinks OPT is now somehow also a US company, with US investors. The dual listing was just a mechanism to raise cash. OPT's complete lack of meaningful investor engagement has demolished the SP, IMO. Biotech has not been a great sector this year, sentiment wise, but to be at these lows, demonstrates there is no investor appetite for this company, atm. The poor CR amount, also meant that no funding was left to fund other promising phase 2 trials, such as in DME, which could have provided some SP catalysts prior to waiting another 2 years for P3 wAMD results. I do not believe trial recruitment 'updates' will provide any meaningful SP appreciation. That is par for the course. The P3 data is needed and the anticipation of that, probably early 2023 may result in a more meaningful SP increase.

Megan is a great scientist and strategist on the clinical trial side but is still pretty green when it comes to dealing with the investor sharks/funds. She definitely got played on the CR price and has added no new significant investors on the register for a long time. That should be a PMO for her and the CFO before they get their next freeload in options or any other bonuses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $467.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 39.0¢ 37.5¢ $176.6K 463.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 121324 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 90033 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.