DEG 1.20% $1.27 de grey mining limited

Gotta say in not jumping for joy about this announcement.I can...

1. 704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 619
    Gotta say in not jumping for joy about this announcement.

I can see how it could add a lot of value and be seen as a wise move in the future once we get going etc. Maybe it also has value as some kind of takeover deterrent in some way too.. like a puffer fish or angry cat arching it's back and fluffing itself up to make it look bigger than really it is to scare off challengers.

my concerns are that we are now biting big chunks off the recently raised $300 m and also diluting mangements attention at least partially away from the huge challenge of ramping up to building the mill and eventual production. Its not like we don't have enough ounces to get on with the job of building the mill right now, let alone whatever potential underground extentions and other mallina birds we may stumble across on our tenements and the Novo ones as we progress.

I was actually for a bit of this kind of action when lithium was simmering and then peaking.. as in create another spin off and let it expose us to the lithium market etc but that was alot because the diversification of assets that lithium would have given us might have smoothed out the ups and downs of the 'gold only' aspect of DEG.. but just adding more and more gold that we are still years off being able to process seems to add too much risk for my liking. Plenty of time for that in the future.

the world economy is clearly on very shaky ground. The future is very uncertain. Hopefully gold is an insurance against that. We have a lot Here but it's all in the ground and until we get the mill up and running I'd like to see this company respect the value of the cash they have raised so far. Focus on building the mill, paying the ever increasing workforce and costs associated with that and leave the corporate empire building for a time when we have the mill up and running and cash flowing in rather than debt building up and share price dilution is in our headlights.

money could very well become a lot harder to get hold of to pay the bills should certain world events go against us. Exercise a bit more caution and maintain a bit more focus.

Im all for maximising the value but not at the cost of risking not making the finishing of the first stage.

thats my 2c anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.27
Change
0.015(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $2.341B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.28 $1.26 $2.941M 2.320M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 18205 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.27 30568 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.27
  Change
0.015 ( 0.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.26 $1.28 $1.26 1103627
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.