OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Hi Batboy,I know you are asking a genuine question -happy to...

1. 2,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1713
    Hi Batboy,

I know you are asking a genuine question -happy to answer.

Unfortunately, this is a little reporting trick that companies can use, and CDP-004 is probably the perfect example. The bulk of the mineralisation is in a 600mm section of core (over 200 g/t from memory). There is other comparatively low grade mineralisation that extends over the maximum of 3.4 m of total mineralisation.

That gives the company the option of reporting the average over 3.4m (factually correct but actually misleading) or they emphasise the high grade section in the notes. I have noticed that some companies try to emphasise positive results.

Any geologist on the forum will confirm that by definition, clustered coarse free gold with high nugget effect CANNOT be widely disseminated. If we need any more evidence ...we need only to look at the photo of the core shown on the diagram you posted:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1476/1476698-659c18befb6254b628d3a92a04319a9e.jpg

To confirm this, we can look carefully look at the photo of the drill cores CDP-004 and CDP-002:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1476/1476737-678de4fc89dac8ef8c4f1856c6c880b5.jpg

The nugget effect is clear, and even a rate of 200 g/t or 500 g/t does not adequately explain the phenomenon of coarse free gold of probably around 90% purity.

Is this to say that there are not more nuggets close by? No, there may be -but unfortunately it is only an indication -definitely better than no gold.

As I say, the bulk of this gold was in a 600mm section of the core, not the larger 3.4m section of the core.

For confirmation, perhaps check this with the company. I'm confident they will be honest, complete and effusive in their rush to clarify the issue.

A couple of other points I'm waiting to clarify are how we could have produced 100-110 ounces of gold in two days at the end of last July, when that was close to the monthly average, and how our bulk samples sent to the CIL plant were above 20 g/t, yet production average has been around 2 g/t.

Oh, also wondering about the 35 tonne tailings sample from December that wasn't reported (allegedly .3 g/t) and the auditors report from last year.

But anyway, you know the story.

The bigger question is, have institutions been deliberately pushing the share price down for greed? Are the recent loyalists about to be shafted like the rest of us.

I hope that corporate regulators will soon be asking these questions too.

Cheers,

SJB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.