AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

findinggems - I suggest you go back to 2019 (?) for the details...

1. 4,285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2565
    findinggems - I suggest you go back to 2019 (?) for the details but like most things to do with Orocobre the answer is complicated.

The Naraha plant attracted special treatment from the Japanese eg super low interest rates and a US$27m subsidy from the Japanese government but my memory is that for that to be approved the legal ownership had to be a 50: 50 split between Orocobre and the Toyota entity (unlike the investor in Olaroz the investor in Naraha is actually a direct subsidiary of the Toyota Motor Company). However the reality is that Orocobre has a 75% economic interest in the facility and had to only contribute about $9m of the US$96m capital cost of the facility. Absolute bargain! The plant is built near the nuclear plant that melted down, so everyone speaks of Naraha in glowing terms, but is close to an existing cathode factory and a planned for battery factory to be built by Toyota and Panasonic.

I've had my ORE shares in the bottom drawer for some time so some of my "facts" may be either wrong or out of date.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.